Iams – LIFE WITH DOGS
IAMS is perhaps one of the
most recognizable brands in the pet lover’s industry. You have probably come
across those familiar four letters accentuated by a paw print at the vet’s
office at one time or another. While it’s true that this is a well-established
brand, it pays to familiarize yourself with its history, the kind of products
they have and learn about what IAMS can do for your pet. With that in mind,
here is a quick review of the IAMS brand and a look at some of the products
they have in the market today.
A Small History of IAMS
recognizable brand has manufacturing plants in North Carolina, Ohio, and Nebraska. Established over 70 years ago in
1946, IAMS has a long and illustrious history of producing nothing but the best
products for dogs. In that time, IAMS has come up with a range of highly
customized dog food formulas and recipes for dogs of all life stages from
puppies to senior dogs. They also have a long list of breed-specific kibbles
which makes them one of the most popular brands in the market for people who
have pure-bred dogs.
IAMS prides itself in
consulting with the best animal nutritionists in the country. Their dog food is
one of the few products in the market today that has a relatively high
proportion of animal-based proteins. This
means that should you decide to go with IAMS as a brand; your dog will be feeding on a lot of real and natural meats that
have complete proteins, amino acids and a whole lot of the nutritional
components needed by your pet to grow big and strong.
What’s So Good About IAMS?
Perhaps one of the most
appreciated qualities of IAMS as a brand is that they bring a lot of variety to
the market. Over the years, the brand has developed a host of different
formulas that cater to almost every type of dog known to man as well as focuses
on specific needs. Within their recipe repertoire you will find:
- Weight management recipes that contain
L-Carnitine which helps to burn fat
- Grain-free recipes that work very well for dogs
that have issues with gluten
- Specially tailored recipes for
The brand also takes into
account the most common health problems facing certain dog breeds and types.
For example, they produce large dog kibbles that are rich in nutrients such as
glucosamine which go a long way in helping large dogs fight certain common
health problems facing those specific breeds such as arthritis of cartilage
On the other end of the
spectrum, the company also produces blends that cater to smaller canines as
well. These blends contain a high number of calories with every scoop which is
perfect to help your tiny pooch grow as fast as possible. Apart from that, all
of IAMS puppy blends are made with DHA in
the mix. This is the element that puppies
would naturally get from their mother’s milk and is an important addition since it goes a long way in helping your puppy
to develop excellent neural and cerebral
pathways. It’s IAMS firm belief that adding this element to their puppy blends
not only makes your puppy healthier and more alert but it also makes them
easier to train.
The Pros and Cons of Choosing IAMS as a Brand
There is no doubt that dog food can be rather expensive especially if you are looking to provide your pooch with the best of the best. However, you don’t need to get a second job just to keep your furry best friend well fed. You can go for brands such as IAMS Proactive Health and pick out any of their affordable dog food options well suited for your particular dog. Here are some excellent reasons why choosing IAMS might just be the best idea yet:
Pros of Choosing IAMS Proactive Health Dog Food
- The meals are slow-cooked in real broth. This is one of the main reasons why IAMS has created a host of amazing flavors such as the Iams ProActive Health Adult Beef, Rice, Carrots & Green Beans Flavor Chunks In Gravy Canned Dog Food that has real broth. Since IAMS products are made with real natural meat, the slow cooking process makes them even tastier for your pooch.
- Promotes healthy skin and coat in your dogs. Every single meal prepared by IAMS is infused with very high levels of an assortment of essential fatty acids that help to not only protect but also promote good internal systems as well as healthy skin and rather shiny coats.
- The products are very affordable. Apart from the fact that IAMS produces top quality dog food, they do so at an affordable price when compared to similar brands with similar quality. This may be the biggest selling point for this wonderful brand.
- Only uses natural ingredients. IAMS is focused on giving your pooch nothing but the best and that means only using natural ingredients supplied by local farmers in the United States. Their popular dog foods such as the Iams ProActive Health Adult Large Breed Dry Dog Food is packed full of vitamins and minerals (like every other product produced by IAMS) and not only goes towards nourishing your pet but also goes above and beyond by keeping their teeth tartar free thanks to the crunchy yet tasty texture.
Cons of Choosing IAMS Proactive Health Dog Food
- Reports show that some of the products may cause gas in some dogs. Even though IAMS uses probiotics in products Iams ProActive Health Adult MiniChunks Dry Dog Food to help with the dog’s digestive tract in terms of digestion and general health protection, some dogs still find these foods difficult to digest and as such, they become gassy.
- Not as packed with vegetables as advertised. Unfortunately, IAMS has struggled to keep their product prices low, and as such, they have probably had to cut a few corners. One of those corners involves including as many vegetables as advertised in their meals.
Despite these disadvantages,
IAMS remains one of the most trusted and
reliable brands in the market today. If you want your pooch to eat dog food
that tastes like the real thing, then getting them a bag or can of IAMS dog
food is the best way to go.